15 Excellent Black Hair Care Sites & Blogs!
[Begin Rant] I don’t generally like to complain. I once went to a restaurant and where in addition to our main course we asked for a side salad. Underneath one of the rocket leaves was what looked like a little worm. Rather than complain, I didn’t touch the salad but never went to that restaurant again.
Today however I feel compelled to mention the ridiculous stuff that goes on in some black owned websites. I don’t want to call out individual sites but you would imagine that with the fact that black people have a relatively more ‘challenged’ time getting ahead in the western world, that we would be supporting each other instead of having this current over competitive attitude.
What I found in my experience is an ignorance or complete disregard of other black owned websites by some of the larger ones. I’ve seen ludicrous situations where large hair care forums ban members from linking to other hair care websites, forums or blogs for any reason.
Now I am proud to have created Blackhairinformation.com and I certainly think that you will find all that you will ever need to grow your hair long right here. But am I naive enough to think that some of you who visit BHI regularly don’t also pop in to the forums for a visit or idle around the hair blogosphere? Nope.
I myself follow a few blogs (both natural and relaxed hair), visit a few forums on occasion and find time to catch up on random celebrity stories. Just because I happen to be on BHM today reading about a new way of applying henna doesn’t mean that I don’t know that LHCF exists or that I will never visit them. We all have favorite websites that we go to more often than others which is entirely normal. However, in this age of sharing news stories with your whole facebook family in a few clicks, I don’t think it’s entirely appropriate that I can’t share a lovely post from one of my favorite bloggers with my forum family too because of anti-competition rules.
Far be it from me to suggest to anyone how to run their business but we are all presumably working towards the same end; To get the message about good hair & beauty practices to the millions of women of color around the world, aren’t we? [/End Of Rant]
To that end I would like to draw your attention towards 15 of my favorite hair & beauty websites. They are not in any particular order:
1. http://blackgirllonghair.com – Natural Hair Blog
2. http://urbanbushbabes.com – Natural Hair Blog
3. http://hairscapades.com – Natural Hair Blog
4. http://4chairchick.com/ – Natural Hair Blog
5. http://www.curlynikki.com/ – Natural Hair Blog
6. http://www.justgrowalready.com/ – Relaxed Hair Blog
7. http://relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.com/ – Relaxed Hair Blog
8. http://www.blackhairkitchen.com/ – Natural Hair Blog
9. http://myhealthyhairjourney.blogspot.com – Relaxed Hair Blog
10. http://kinkycurlycoilyme.com/ – Natural Hair Blog
11. http://longing4length.blogspot.com – Relaxed Hair Blog
12. http://keepitsimplesista.blogspot.com – Relaxed Hair Blog
13. http://healthyhairzone.com/ – Hair Social Network
14. http://www.themanesource.com – Natural Hair Blog
15. http://kibibihair.blogspot.com/ – Relaxed Hair Blog
Who are your favorite hair bloggers?